Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Prego books for husbands

My husband is not a reader. He might say he is, but reading signs, short newspaper articles, captions that go with pictures, and the Cabela's catalogs do not count. So when I got pregnant and was handed two large books full of weekly and monthly updates for momma-to-be, I knew there was no way my husband would ever pick one up. I thought, how do I get him to read these with out straight out asking him. I tried laying them in places he would look, on the coffee table on the dresser, on the bathroom counter, but with no success.

For Christmas we surprised our families by sharing our great news and I wanted to put something in his stocking that would encourage him to at least gain some knowledge of what is going on inside my body. Looking for an informational book for a man (who does not read) is a little discouraging. There are books for daddys-to-be that are jsut as fat as the books I have, but I knew it would only collect dust, so I kept searching. Finally I found it, the perfect, yes, book! "My Boys Can Swim" by Ian Davis. A small book (it fit in a stocking) that is less than 100 pages and is written by a man, for a man.

This book sits in my living room collecting dust, not really to my surprise. The other day I can out from another room and caught my husband reading it! It was great. I think he's only made it through the Introduction but he doesn't have too much farther to go, just three more chapters: The First Trimester, The Second Trimester and The Third Trimester. Of course I read it in two sittings and found it hillarious. My hope for my husband is that he finishes it before the baby comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

babies