Sunday, January 24, 2010

The best invention for pregnant women...

The BELLY BAND! I swore that by Christmas time that I would have to pack up all my nice work pants and give them to my mom to wear. But I'm still wearing them, thanks to the belly band. I may only be able to zip them up part way, and there is no way they would ever button at this point, but no one would ever know! The key, wear a long shirt, and preferably one that doesn't show the uneven lumps somewhat disguised under the band. My friend at work the other day went to touch my belly (what is it about people wanting to rub your belly?!) and pretty much rubbed over my covered lumps from my pants. I didn't say anything! The second best thing about the belly band besides extending the life of you favorite pants...it actually makes your belly look more round, more round and less akward fat. Since I am at the stage where my once little "pooch" is being extended now by my somewhat "hardening" baby belly, the band actually makes it look more like a cute little pregnant belly other than the "is she pregnant or just fat" belly. Still afraid of the "naked in the mirrow" look, but I suppose that may some day end, at least I hope.

2 comments:

  1. I need to give that another try. Around Christmas I was so bloated I couldn't button my pants so bought a belly band but it was to tight it only added to my nausea. But maybe now that I'm not feeling as sick I might really like the belly band. I just bought a pair of maternity pants (I was on a hunt for nice-ish black pants, and about a year ago saw some called Jolt and they have a wide band of fabric at the top---sounds like maternity but they were actually at Macy's in the Juniors section!) anyhoo...can't find the jolt pants but at ROss dress for less I found a cute (for maternity) pair of pants. I'm gonna try them out tomorrow. I've been needing black pants for a long time but since I knew I was prego I didn't want to pay for any but I can't wear my khakis everyday anymore.
    Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megs, you've got to try the band again and see what you think. It's definately not the greatest with jeans, but with my nice work pants, it works well. Good luck with the maternity pants search. I have a few pairs and love them, so comfortable. Although did have a difficult time finding nice "dress" pants.

    ReplyDelete

babies