Wednesday, January 20, 2010

How it all got started

Each month became a new frustration. I didn't want to say anything, yet at the same time I didn't want to be alone. I'd heard every suggestion and story from: lay on your back with your legs in the air, stand on your head, don't move for 15-20 mintues, you have to wait until you've been off birth control for a year, maybe you're too stressed, we waited 5 years, 10 years, adopt, just wait, be PATIENT. So much advice and stories came my direction I think it only added to my frustrations. Until one day someone mentioned a book, "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler.

Once this book landed on my doorstep I couldn't put it down. My whole perspective of fertility and conception quickly changed. This book seemed to give me a fresh start, a realistic picture not only of conception and how difficult is truly can be, but an honest picture of what it means to be female. If you've haven't heard the Vagina Monologs, that's your first step, but Taking Charge of Your Fertility is the next. In a few short hours of reading, I learned more about my body and my abilities of being a woman than I had ever even come close to taking sex ed. Not only was I facinated by learning more about my body, but I was reminded of the complexity of a God who created me.

The book is worth reading, whether you are trying to conceive, wanting a fool proof birth control, just entering puberty, beginning menopause, or are simply a woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

babies