Friday, April 9, 2010

Childcare Woes...

I have purposely been putting off seeking the right childcare center. Actually, I haven't totally been putting it off, I have looked up locations, and a few weeks ago had actually called one place. It is on my list of things to do and I know I'd much rather do this while I have the energy, but it is also something I am dreading a slight bit. So today I called a few places to get some more info. Then I figured on my lunch break I'd go check the first place out, I was impressed a few weeks agon over the phone. They may be a little pricey, but the price you pay for child care ultimately shouldn't matter (at least that's what I think). I met with a few people, got more information, a registartion packet, a quick tour around the infant room, and even met three of the infant care takers. Everything was a positive experience. I was impressed by the cleanliness, the staff, and their philosophies behind child care (most particularly, infant care), but as I was nearing the door to leave I suddenly felt a wave of emotion come over me. My eyes started watering before I even got to my car! Never did the tears come, but the emotions were all there. Wow, and I haven't even had this baby yet! I can only imagine what that first day will be like when I drop them off...


I cannot complain though, this is not something I am forced in to. I have a very supportive husband who pretty much says it is up to me (about working versus not working), plus I have a job who is willing to be more than flexible (who else can work mostly from home with the exception of 2 days in the office?). But am I ready? What is the best choice? For baby? For me? For my husband (I have to think of him here too, because I will care emotions home which ever way I choose).


What it really comes down to...I'm scared. I'm scared of staying home 24/7 with a child. Those 2 days in the office could be my saving grace. But perhaps they might also be miserable. I am blessed to have options, other people don't always get to choose. I suppose either choice will be a good choice, as long as I continue to give it up to the Lord. Ahh...free will...hate it / love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

babies