Monday, May 31, 2010

And the Count Down Begins...

Okay, so according to the "due date," which we all know is just a guesstimate, this baby is scehduled to arrived in about 4 1/2 weeks. So really...baby could arrive any day he/she wishes. This momma is wishing sooner than later would be a great birth day! Honestly, I am trying to take these last few weeks in strides. There are days I am most certain that I could not be more ready, and there are days where I think, "oh my gosh I'm gonna be a mom...any day!" So the count down has begun...when will it be...? Not sure what else I could do to get ready: the baby's room is done (minues me wanting to draw and frame one more piece of art work), the car seat base is strapped in the car and ready to do, the clothes and blankets are washed (all except the actual outfits for baby I want at the hospital), my bag is not quite packed but there are miscallaneous items on top of my dresser ready to be thrown into a bag, the dog is as ready for a big shock as you ccan ever prepare him, and my husband is...we'll he is excited and nervous too. "Wow, I'm gonna be a dad soon," seems to seep from his lips every couple of days. I think it's great. He will be one of the best daddy's there is, I have no doubt in my mind.
So as this baby's birth day is soon approaching, there are some wonderful features that all mother's seem to have failed to share, rather they just clump them all in one category, "the last month." Know one ever told me my goin/pelic area would be so sore. Here I am a month out and I slowly roll myself out of bed in the morning to discover I must have been hit by a truck in my sleep, or was at least riding a horse for days. Where is the heads up ladies...I am sore! Not to mention the feeling of inadequacy, or the ability to do nothing! I try. I have a hard time sitting still and there are things that need to get done. I am learning to move slowly and in strides, and to sit and take breaks now and again, but really, where has my energy gone? where are the muscles I once had?! I am pretty certain that I strained a muscle in my upper back making the bed the other day...no joke!
I keep reading about how the baby tends to "drop" before labor, and in a first time mom this coupld occur weeks or days before labor. Well, most days, I am wishing this baby would settle down just a little bit further into my pelvis. I know that downfall is spending every 1/2 hour to and hour in the bathroom (which really isn't much different than what I am doing now), but I anticipate the ability to finally be able to breath, or at least sit straight up. Wow, what a thought! Doctor says this baby is in good position; head down, back going up my right front, leading to the butt sitting right under my right rib cage...boy does this feel great...all day long.
Oh but I am not complaining. Soon the days of sitting at my desk taking quick glances at my belly will be gone. Or sitting on the couch with my shirt pulled up, watching the waves travel accross my belly. Or driving in my car to look down and see that my belly is all lop-sided from time to time. These, I will miss. I will miss wrapping my arms accross my belly at night as I fall asleep feeling this little one inside me, adjusting to a comfortable position. But I cannot wait to actually hold this litte one on the outside in my arms and look into the tiny face and know that this little one is special, this little one is a child of God, this little one is a little piece of me and a little piece of my husband molded together perfectly. Wow, I cannot wait for this little miracle to arrive.

1 comment:

  1. OK - This Grammy has tears of joy! Can't hardly see. You BOTh will be wonderful parents. Your baby is so blessed!

    ReplyDelete

babies